U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Tulsa District (SWT), develops small businesses and maximizes their opportunities for our procurements within SWT footprint on a continual basis, thereby ensuring a broad base of capable small business firms to support our mission and strengthen our Nation's economic development.
What Does SWT Buy?
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers buys a variety of supplies, construction and engineering and other services.
Examples of these acquisitions:
- Construction -- Barracks, dining facilities, maintenance shops, hangers, hospitals, airfields, roads, levees, dams, dredging, and navigation.
- Engineering Services -- Concept studies, master planning, engineering studies, all types of surveying and mapping, engineering design and construction and inspection services.
- Other Services -- Refuse collection, grounds maintenance, janitorial, oversee and maintain recreational parks
- Supplies and Equipment -- Generators, turbines, HVAC equipment, electronic gear, repair parts, lumber, riprap, stone cement, and pre-fab buildings.
- Through Regional Planning and Environmental Center (RPEC) Environmental Services -- Consulting Services, Remediation, FUDS, Studies, and Investigation
What about IT related contracts?
On Aug. 15, 2014, USACE officially announced the award of its $517 million Army Corps of Engineers Information Technology (ACE-IT) Information Management and Information Technology Services (AIES) contract to Vectrus Systems Corporation. AIES is USACE’s next-generation contract vehicle for acquiring information management and information technology support services. The contract is for one year, with four one-year options that, if used, will extend the contract through 2019. AIES is a services contract. For equipment and software purchases, we are required to use *CHESS. Therefore, there are very limited opportunities outside of AIES and CHESS to buy IT supplies or services.
If you are primarily a vendor of equipment or software, there are three options for access to CHESS contracts: 1) watch www.fbo.gov for periodic solicitations for upcoming work, 2) go to https://chess.army.mil/ to see current hardware and software contract holds to team with, 3) contact the project director with your capability statements at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are primarily a vendor of services, you should register with VECTRUS through the mailbox they set up at ACEIT_Procurement@vectrus.com. You may also contact Don Lippiatte, Vectrus' contract manager, at Donald.Lippiatte@vectrus.com. Alternately contact Bob Wachtler, Director of Purchasing 719 637 4294 email@example.com