Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I find information about blue-green algae in Tulsa District lakes?
For the latest information on blue-green algae, visit the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department's website. The Corps of Engineers provides data from test results to the OTRD for posting on that website.

How do I get a discount card from the Corps of Engineers?
The Golden Age/Golden Access Passports are no longer being sold.  However, the passes will continue to be honored.  The Passports have been replaced with the “America the Beautiful – The National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass Program”.  Within the program the Senior Pass replaces the Golden Age Passport and the Access Pass replaces the Golden Access Passport.  Also available are the Annual Pass ($80), the Annual U.S. Military Pass, the Annual 4th Grade Pass and the Volunteer Pass.

The Corps of Engineers now has authority to issue or sell all of the America the Beautiful Passes.  Please note that the Corps of Engineers has its own Day Use Annual Pass available for $40 and is only honored at Corps-operated recreation areas nation-wide which charge a Day Use/Facility Fee.  
Click here for more information.

How do I make campsite reservations at a Corps lake?
All campsite reservations are made through  

How do I contact a lake?
You can find contact information for each of our lakes here.

How do I find lake levels and hydropower release schedules?
Lake levels and hydropower release schedules (provided by Southwestern Power Administration) can be found in our water control data system. It can be accessed here.

How do I volunteer at a Tulsa District lake?
For volunteer information visit our Volunteer Opportunities page.

How do I find navigation charts?
The Tulsa District has McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River navigation charts available online or you can purchase them in person or by mail. For information on how to purchase and to download charts, visit our Navigation page. Our charts provide navigation information from the Port of Catoosa to the mouth of the White River.

Where can I find hunting maps?
Hunting maps can be found on our Hunting Information page.

How do I obtain a regulatory permit?
Visit our Regulatory page or call our Regulatory Office at 918-669-7401.

How do I contract or do business with the Corps?
To get information regarding contracting with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, please visit our Contracting or Small Business Office page.

How do I file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request?
Please visit our FOIA page where you will find extensive information to include mailing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and fax numbers of all of the USACE FOIA offices.

How do I get a job with the Corps?
All civilian job opportunities available with the federal government, including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, are posted on USAJobs at USAJobs is the federal government's official job site. One must apply for federal jobs using the tools available (including a resume builder).

Does the Tulsa District participate in the Operation Warfighter program?
Yes. For information about Operation Warfighter (formerly the Wounded Warrior program) and the Tulsa District, visit our Emergency Operations page.

Do I need to join the Army in order to work for the Corps?
No. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is primarily a civilian organization with 37,000 dedicated civilians and about 550 Soldiers.  Civilian occupations include: civil engineers, chemical engineers, mechanical engineers, environmental engineers, biologists, engineering technicians, architects, realty specialists, lock and dam operators, survey technicians, project engineers, geologists, hydrologists, and others.  Sound interesting? Find out more about Careers with USACE.

How do I join the Army?
To find information about joining the Army, please visit the U.S. Army website at or contact your local Army Recruiter.