Camping Fee Program

Holders of the national passes "Golden Age Passport" or "Golden Access Passport" or the newer America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Program's "Senior Pass" or "Access Pass" receive 50% discounts on camping fees at Corps-managed areas.

The Corps of Engineers camping fee program was established under the Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965, supplemented by Public Law 92-347, and amended by Public Law 93-81, Public Law 93-303, and Public Law 103-66. The law provides for the charging of special recreation use fees at designated Federal recreation areas. Fees will be charged by the Tulsa District Corps of Engineers in three categories of camping areas.

  • Class A campgrounds are those having flush restrooms, showers, paved roads, sanitary disposal stations, designated tent or trailer spaces, refuse containers, and potable water.


  • Class B areas have similar facilities with the exception that flush toilets, showers, or dump stations may not be provided.


  • Class C areas are those having basic sanitary facilities, designated tent or trailer spaces, refuse containers, and potable water.


There are different charges for overnight camping for each class of park. Parties who have paid a camping fee are exempt from any additional charges for day use activities. Group camping fees are based on the facilities available within the group site. There is a small additional charge for sites with direct water or sewer hookups, or those sites which are designated as prime sites.

There are different collection methods across the Tulsa District, the most common you will see are, or Honor Vault camping depending on the Class of Campground. – Advanced reservation and payment is available online at or by calling their Reservation Desk at 1-877-444-6777.  Some campsites are not reservable in advance and are designated as first-come, first-served campsites (FF) online.  Payment is made utilizing the Mobile Pay Application and it is recommended to download it before you go. Camping equipment must be placed on an available site and then your payment is made using your smart phone and scanning the QR code at the campsite. – These campsites are not reservable in advance and not available through  They do utilize an online system for payment once you place your camping equipment on the site. Proceed to and search for the lake name, choose the correct location on the online form and submit your camping and payment information.  Signs with QR codes may be available to utilize mobile pay with your smart phone.

Honor Vault Fee Stations – Self-Deposit User Permit envelopes are available to place the appropriate fee into (check or cash) and place into the honor vault on the fee station. Follow the instructions on the envelope.

Parks having a camping fee are marked by signs bearing this symbol:        



Day Use Fees and Annual Day Use Passes

Day Use Fees are waived for holders of all America the Beautiful Passes and the national passes "Golden Age Passport" or "Golden Access Passport."

USACE Day Use Fees

The Corps of Engineers was given the authority by the Congress to collect day use fees as part of deficit reduction legislation the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993. The funds generated from these fees are used by the Congress to help offset operation and maintenance costs of the Corps' recreation program.  Collection of these fees vary across the Tulsa District.  Some are paid at the gate shack when entering the park. Other payment methods are self-service kiosk systems, honor vaults, and online payments utilizing Signage within the park should provide clear directions for how to make the proper payment.

  • A fee of $2 per person walk-in/bike-in.
  • A fee of $5 per private vehicle.
  • A fee of $20 per bus/commercial vehicle.
  • The number of individuals in the private vehicle/bus/commercial vehicle does not apply. 
  • There are no day use fees for children under 16.
  • Campers do not pay additional day use/facility fees at the same project, on any day for which the camping permit is valid.


USACE Annual Day Uses Pass

The Corps Annual Day Use Pass may be purchased for $40 which permit the vehicle and accompanying passengers to use all boat launching ramps and swimming beaches at all nation-wide Corps-operated recreation areas without further charges.

  • Passes must be visibly displayed on the rear view mirror.  Rangers will ticket if it is not visible.
  • Replacements are not available.                

Where To Receive One In Person. The Annual Day Use Pass can be obtained at the Corps lake offices and many of the lake recreation areas.  (See Contact a Lake.) 

To Purchase Day Use Passes with Credit Card

Most gate shacks can sell Annual Day
Use Passes by credit card during the recreation season.
Call your local Corps office to verify the location and hours of operations.
Have your I.D. and vehicle license tag number with you. 


Due to COVID concerns, many of our lake project offices remain closed to the public.  In order to facilitate an easy way for the public to purchase annual passes, we have instituted a mail in option.

To purchase a pass via mail you will need to provide:
*A $40 check made out to FAO-USACED-Tulsa.
*A stamped, self-addressed return envelope mailed with the request.
*A valid telephone number in case the lake has any questions.
*Indicate if you need a new hang-tag or just the yearly sticker.

Currently the Oologah and Ft. Gibson Lake Office's are accepting mail in request.  Their address and phone number are available on their lake page.  Click on the underlined lake name to go to their lake page.  Watch our social media page since additional lake offices may be added.



America the Beautiful Pass Program-The National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Passes

Your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites.  The program offers six series of passes some of which are free.  These interagency passes may be obtained at most Corps of Engineers offices year round and at most gate shacks during the recreation season.  Check your local Corps office to verify the availability of the pass you are seeking, hours of operation and payment method accepted for those that must be purchased.
For more information about the pass program visit the National Park Service’s website at: